Tom Green's Chess Highlights
I learned how to play chess in the fourth grade and, as a fifth grader, purchased
an ivory chess set (65KB gif) with my hard earned money.
I didn't join the U.S. Chess Federation
until after college during the Fischer boom of the early 1970s. I'm a Master
correspondence player, a Class A over-the-board and action chess player. As
a certified local tournament director, I organized a couple of rated tournaments
each year, the Ides of March Mini-Swiss and Trick or Treat Mini-Swiss, publish
two newsletters a year. I also organized
the Ohio Collegiate Chess Championship. "The Chessboard
of Life", a poem published in the Ohio Chess Bulletin (July
2004, p. 5), expresses the importance of chess in my life.
- Known games appearing in books:
- Marfia, Jim, and John Watson. The Annotated Open: St. Paul 1982. Coraopolis, PA:
Chess Enterprises, 1982. Tom Green-Rod Freeman (U. S. Open 1982) p. 28; Tom Green - Tom
Tingblad (U. S. Open 1982) p. 62.
- Raingruber, Robert, Lou Maser and Larry Christiansen. The King's Gambit As White.
Davenport, IA: Thinkers' Press, 1984. Green - Sahr (Golden Knights
1978) p. 94.
- Wall, Bill. 500 Caro-Kann Miniatures. Coraopolis, PA: Chess Enterprises, 1991. Tom Green - Raymond Robertson (correspondence 1977) p. 74.
- Wall, Bill. 500 English Miniatures. Coraopolis, PA: Chess Enterprises, 1990. Ron
Elmquist - Tom Green (Minnesota 1981) p. 68.
- Wall, Bill. 500 King's Gambit Miniatures. Coraopolis, PA: Chess Enterprises,
1986. T. Green - F. Kempe (Minnesota 1982) p. 84.
- Wall, Bill. 500 King's Gambit Miniatures Collection II. Moon Township, PA:
Chess Enterprises, 1996. T Green - P. Shannon (Minnesota 1977)
p. 8; T. Green - G. Stone (postal 1987) p. 45-6.
- Wall, Bill. 500 Sicilian Miniatures. Coraopolis, PA: Chess Enterprises, 1983. T. Burke - T. Green (Minnesota 1982) p. 15.
- Games published in Chess Life:
Return to Tom Green's Web page
© 1996 Thomas A. Green
E-mail to: Tom Green
15 July 2009